Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Girls' Day Out (Etude House Enamelting Gel Polish Review)



This afternoon was so lovely it's almost like it came straight out of my dreams - a week or two ago Melanie was looking for a companion to get her nails done with at Nail Artelier because they were having a promotion, and I jumped at the opportunity because I really needed some pampering.



For all those of you that don't know, Nail Artelier's haji lane outlet is having a student promotion with the launch of etude house's Enamelting Gel Nail polish. From now till 20 March, show your valid student ID to get an express mani ($25) or pedi ($35) with free nail art on two nails, all done with Etude House's Enamelting Gel Nails of course. The promo is only available from 11am-5pm so make sure you call 62988028 to book before hand.

Nail Artelier has 20 designs for you to choose from, but you can customise the colours as much as you want and decide which finger you want the art on. At first I couldn't decide between a floral and cupcake design, but eventually I settled on the cupcake one because the nail artist said flowers would look cramped on my short nails. So cupcake it was! Overall I love how it turned out, I'm sure you'd agree it fits my personality to a T... The artist even helped me add a cherry at the top of my cupcake, how adorable! The only thing I would have done differently is to get one of my fingers done in another colour, maybe a darker shade if pink or a pastel purple? That way my fingers would look less empty, unlike the way they do now. Only my thumbs have cupcakes on them, the other fingers are just a shade of baby pink. Melanie was really pleased with how her manicure turned out too, especially since this was her first gel manicure.



Bless the heart of whoever invented gel polishes, I absolutely adore them. I love how much longer they last and how there's no down time or smudging after you're done. Just pop your hands in the uv oven and you're done with each layer!

At the moment, the Etude House Enamelting Gel Nail polish seems to be faring reasonably well. I'm not sure how much each bottle costs but I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than brands like Shellac and Gelish. I've gotten gel manicures with those brands before, and they usually last a week or two before they start chipping. That doesn't sound a lot to some of you, but keep in my that normal nail polish usually starts chipping on me by day 2! Visually, there isn't much difference between Etude House Enamelting Gel Nails and Shellac/Gelish, except the latter two have a wider array of colours to choose from. Etude House Enamelting is also slightly sheerer, so the application of my baby pink went on abit patchy-looking. Other than that I really can't complain, but I'll keep you girls updated on whether it chips or not.

Mel and I also walked around bugis and haji to get some snacks and shopping done. Modparade is having a 35% sale this week so Mel got a cropped denim jacket, while I got some cute stickers from an indie store for my macbook.





All in all it was a lovely day and I'm pretty beat, but the night's still young and I'm heading out again in a bit to meet the xinners at zouk. Time to dance away today's calories!

5 comments :

  1. I just ordered some Enamelting Gel to try, it's a LOT cheaper than Shellac and Gelish. Here in Australia a bottle of Gelish Mini is $20+ AUD, but I ordered from eBay directly from Korea the Enamelting (which are big, regular sized bottles - have 3-4 times more in them than Gelish Mini) for $7 AUD with free shipping ^^ I'm a nail technician and nail artist so I'm really excited to see how the Enamelting turns out, since I love Etude House and I couldn't find many reviews yet since it's such a new product. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Areiniah! So good to hear about your experience with this as well, my polish lasted 2 weeks, which puts it right up there with shellac and gelish. I had no idea how expensive other gel polishes are in Australia :(

      Delete
  2. The enamel ting gelish polish doesnt work well for me.. Especially the white one. Cure it with my LED light for almost 2min but it still didnt managed to dry and smudge when i brush on the top coat.. didnt really happened to other colors though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sucks! I feel that white is always a very tricky formula :( sorry to here about what happened to your white, but I hope the other colours went better! Thanks for dropping by yumi, would love to see you around here again!

      Delete
  3. Hey, what's the dessert place called in your last pic? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete