Sunday, 12 April 2015

Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Review

 


This isn't going to be a very long post, since I believe people read reviews just to know one thing - should I buy this or not?

So I'm going to tell you straight up. Buy the Tarte Lights, Camera Splashes Mascara if you have $28 to spare, and if you want a volumizing mascara in the blackest of blacks, and absolutely waterproof. This stuff will survive a monsoon. How did I come to this conclusion?



A year ago I blogged that I went to Jash, NTU's annual combined hall party. This time it was a beach party at Azzura, and I got flung into one of the club's foamy pools even faster than you could say 'mascara'. I was tired, sandy and damp, so the state of my makeup was seriously the last thing on my mind.

When I got home and looked into the mirror, lo and behold - my mascara was still completely intact. No flaking or smudging at all, if you just looked at my lashes you wouldn't have thought my head had been doused in water. The state of the rest of my makeup was a different story though.

So yes, buy this if you love your mascara inky black, need volume and have dreams of being a mermaid with perfect lashes even as you swim the seven seas. When mascaras say they're "waterproof", you really don't know if you can take their word for it. But with this mascara, what's a few tears/raindrops when it's been proven to survive a dunking?

Despite it's durability, Lights, Camera, Splashes isn't as hard to remove as certain Japanese mascaras, which I appreciate a lot. It comes off with no trouble with any normal waterproof or micellar removers.








Unfortunately, I probably won't be repurchasing this mascara. It's not that I don't like it, I just feel that it doesn't quite suit my lashes.

The formula of Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes is extremely wet, so DO NOT TOUCH IT before it dries. One perk about this wetness is that smudges on your eyelid can be immediately wiped off with no fuss or remover. Once dried, it's utterly weather proof - even more so when used with Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes primer, which is also pretty decent. However, the wetness of the mascara weighs my lashes down, and I've started to realise that dry mascaras are the best for my eye and lash type. Basically, I have straight, short and sparse eyelashes, as well as oily eyelids that fold inwards. AKA the worst combination ever. Thus my lashes do well with drier formulas, and on lazy days I use Maybelline's Waterproof Volum Express. That mascara deserves a review on its own because it's currently my HG drugstore mascara.

Now, let's round off this post with quick summary of Lights, Camera, Splashes.

Who will like this?

Folks with stiffer/curly lashes who want an absolutely waterproof mascara that will make their lashes plump, black and va va voom.

Who won't like this?

Folks with flimsy, short lashes who need a lengthening mascara, and prefer natural, fluttery lashes.

That's all from me today, do comment below to let me know if there are anymore mascaras you think I should try!

4 comments :

  1. Wish I could try this, but I am one of those people who has short lashes!

    XO
    Ashley
    privateschoolprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Mascara is my favorite make-up item!

    Lots of love,
    http://golden-cor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dearie! a good mascara does wonders doesn't it

      Delete