Saturday, 2 May 2015

Chloe Cake Celebrates 10K Hits!

Yesterday morning I logged into blogger and saw this:


This blog turns 1 year old in slightly more than a month, and I feel like this is a little milestone to be celebrated. Honestly 10k isn't really a big deal in the blogosphere, established bloggers like Xiaxue and other blogshop models-turned-bloggers get like 10k in a week. But as life has taught me, there is no contentment to be found in comparison! I am, after all, a nobody. Who are you? Are you - nobody - too? (lit geeks unite)

When I first started doing this, all I thought about was having a space to write about things I cared about, like makeup and travelling. When people began to ask me if I was serious about this or aiming towards making this blog commercially viable, my answer was a flat-out no. I've never had any goals for this blog and I guess my lack of expectations allows me to find more joy in doing this. I write what I want and when I want, in a voice that is undoubtedly mine.

In these last 11 months people have given me the kindest compliments both face to face and on my ask.fm, and all I can say is a humble thank you. I hope you continue to find joy in my posts, just as much as I find joy in writing them.

Lastly, I'd like nudge you guys into following me on bloglovin' if you've been enjoying my posts so far! Just in case any of you are unfamiliar, bloglovin' is a platform where you can discover and follow your favourite bloggers - it's kind of like twitter but for blogs. So instead of going to these blogs individually to check if they've been updated, all new posts will appear on your bloglovin' feed! Just click on this button below to get started:

Chloe Cake

Thank you for all your support so far, please continue to stay with Chloe Cake as I continue bumbling along :)

6 comments :

  1. Congratulations! We should all celebrate our personal milestones, even if others wouldn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so sweet claudia <3

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! Congratulations! This is such a wonderful achievement. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so supportive nicole :') warms my heart!

      Delete
  3. Keep on writing, lovey! You have a voice and people do want to hear it :)
    http://adornedinarmor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for being so encouraging, it means so much to me :)

      Delete