Monday, 25 May 2015

Sunday Squares: Poetry and other things

                  

So this instalment of Sunday Squares is a day late, but no biggie since I was out there actually living my life! I think sometimes we schedule our blogs to a T, only to neglect the experiences we could be having offline. Anyway, this week had its ups and downs, especially with work getting slightly more complicated. Here goes!


Top Left: Isn't this tea bag the CUTEST? I saw it in a Korean super mart at Tanjong Pagar with Euods the other day and immediately decided I had to get it. There were different flavours and different collections, this one was of the Gangnam Sauna variety. Here we have exhibit A, a redheaded gentleman getting a soak in a lemon blend. The tea was very light, the lemon notes came through well but I felt the flavour lacked depth and complexity. I wasn't expecting to get gourmet tea, but I was hoping for something more substantial since I was paying more than $6 for a pack of 5. I guess it's really all just packaging then. One of the characters in the set is Psy in the sauna, so I'm leaving that one for last! 

Top Right: A Carouseller stood me up at Clementi the other day, and I was so upset that I ended up buying myself a pair of black Eva Madrid Birkenstocks. For my non-Singaporean readers, Carousell is a mobile app that lets you buy, sell and trade items on the go. I was supposed to do a trade with someone and I turned up at the location, only to be told that she was still at work and wouldn't be able to make it. I'd been eyeing these sandals for a long while now because I really liked how they were waterproof, unlike regular cork-soled birks that get really disgusting when they're wet. Been wearing these to death this weekend! Let me know what you think :)

Bottom Left: Singapore has been blazing lately, and you guys can probably tell by now that I'm big on beverages. I picked two packs of this coconut juice at the petrol kiosk next to my workplace today for $3 because there was a discount. It was as good as packet coconut juice gets, but obviously nothing tastes as good as fresh juice! 

Bottom Right: Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook know that the poetry collective that I'm part of hosted one of Singapore's best poets at our event last Friday. That night was truly something special, Artistry cafe was packed wall-to-wall with people who'd come to hear Cyril Wong read. That night I came home with my heart incredibly full, and I can't wait for our next event where we'll actually be presenting our very own. I'm not sure if I'll have something ready by then, but in the meantime I'll be writing.

Have a good week my friends! 

10 comments :

  1. Love your Birkenstocks! I had a pair when I was younger and absolutely loved them. Maybe I'll have to get another! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Birkenstocks are great, they really force me to place my foot down properly when I walk. You should invest in a pair :)

      Delete
  2. I just love coconut water, it's so healthy and refreshing. Great photos.

    The Pink Paperdoll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Coconut water is one of my favourite drinks. Thanks for dropping by abbie!

      Delete
  3. I've seen that kind of packaging for tea online before! Too bad about the tea itself, but I guess you can always buy your own tea and DIY the stuff at the top :) They'd make for great gifts too! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great DIY idea Audrey! I'll try it when my hands get itchy :) see you around!

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! It's such a great & clean way to share some of your experiences. And that juice looks yummy!
    -Natalie at ungracefulprep.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, that juice was pretty yummy!

      Delete
  5. I love this idea! I love getting more of the story behind the pictures :]

    xo katie ​​// a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Do follow me on bloglovin' if you want to see more Sunday Squares every week :)

      Delete