Saturday, 27 June 2015

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Cleanser Review


I've been looking for a new cleanser for some time now, and it was by chance that I discovered Alba Botanica's Hawaiian Facial Cleanser in Watsons last week.

What attracted me was the price point ($14.90 during sale) and the cheery and tropical packaging. The ingredients were also a pleasant surprise, because so many natural ingredients were listed pretty high up on the list. If you didn't know, ingredients on products are always listed from greatest to lowest quantity.


So how did it fare? First up, I love the pump bottle. It's clean and convenient, and I don't have to pump it down fully to get enough for one wash. It's a gel cleanser that lathers, but I feel that it isn't as drying as most foam cleansers in the Asian market.

I did feel my skin tingling while washing my face, which I'd probably attribute to the pineapple enzymes. It's a curious feeling, kind of like how your face feels when you're on the way to getting sunburnt. But once it rinses off the feeling disappears.

I absolutely dig the scent of Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Cleanser because it smells like freshly squeezed pineapple and orange juice. It's a great way to start my day and I look forward to it every morning! I also feel my skin looks slightly brighter and fresher with every wash.

Other reviews have mentioned that this is a good cleanser for oily/acne prone skin and I can see why, it leaves your face squeaky clean. I can imagine it being a little too drying for folks with thirsty skin, and I always have to moisturise throughly after using this ( I have normal skin). I'm guessing the creamy Alba Botanica Hawaiian Face Wash would be a better option for me, but Watsons didn't have it. They do have many other items like lotions and masks from the range though. It's also made in the US, which is uncommon for drugstore skin products we get in Singapore.

All in all, the Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Cleanser gets my approval. If you've tried it before, let me know what you think!

12 comments :

  1. I've been looking for a great facial cleanser for awhile now. This post really helps because I have normal skin as well. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to try it out!

    www.ambitiouslifeofacitygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's great girl! I hope alba botanica is available where you are :)

      Delete
  2. The packaging itself is already making me lunge for the product! So perfect for summer, but on the other hand I probably wouldn't bring it with me on vacation because of the pump bottle. I'd probably pump some into a smaller container to bring with me, which would be easier and cleaner than scooping it out of a jar. Thanks for sharing this winner! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey audrey, thanks for dropping by. The packaging was what drew my attention too! I usually have smaller tubes of cleansers for vacations that I stock up at home, do your drugstores stock those?

      Delete
  3. Great review. I'll have to check this out.
    http://www.dianavilic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I love fruity scents.

    Lots of love,
    Golden Cor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here! I can't resist a zesty smelling anything ;)

      Delete
  5. Great review, Chloe! This cleanser sounds great, and the smell sounds so good too from the addition of papaya and pineapple! Yum! Love their packaging too, I will definitely have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! Glad you liked it. I love the scent and packaging too, and if it weren't for the fact that it's a little drying for me I'd be stocking up on a few backups by now!

      Delete
  6. Oooo I want to try this! I love everything pineapple/tropical scented. Hibiscus extract is also in this hair product I just started using! Maybe this is fate, haha :)

    ReplyDelete