Sunday, 7 June 2015

Sunday Squares: The Staycation Edition

                 

Last week I skipped Sunday Squares because I was away on a staycation with my family at Goodwood Park Hotel.

Disclaimer: I wasn't paid to say any of this. 

I've done staycations in other hotels in the city but Goodwood Park has the vibes of an old British club in colonial era Singapore. I'm a geek for places with a past so I loved this about the hotel, and if you'd like to find out more about the illustrious heritage of the place there's always google.  
The pools were small but rooms were about twice as large as those you'd find in other hotels in sg. I heard they're doing a lot of promotions for their rooms if you book early, and do check out their famed durian fiesta if you happen to be in the area! I wasn't in the mood for any durian desserts (I love the fruit alone but not when it's mixed into other foods urgh) but I must admit the cream puffs and pancakes were pretty seductive. 

While I was traipsing around the hotel I couldn't help but feel a little bit chichi. The halls were generally kid-free and pools were lined with white men looking like oversized lobsters. Best part of the hotel was certainly the location though, Orchard road was literally my hood those few days. I popped by Ion to get me some new underwear (LASENZA SALE!!!) and a top from Zara while I was with Lybae. 

Overall, it was a delightful Vesak Day weekend to get my mind off work (which has been unexpectedly trying). The icing on the cake definitely had to be when I found out that a poem I'd submitted almost 2 months ago to a literary journal had been published in their latest issue. You can read it here.

This is the first time any of my writing has seen the light of day considering I don't like submitting, and when I sent it in I had no expectations whatsoever. I just had to get over that fear of attaching a document and hitting the send button. It was so nerve racking I swear it felt like sending a text to a crush. Complete with the "omg WHAT HAVE I DONE" aftermath. Despite it having been published, I feel this one is very much still a work in progress. Is it supposed to feel this way? I have no idea.  Hopefully this is the start of something new *breaks out into high school musical dance arrangement* 

Hope you guys had a great weekend too! Let me know how yours went.
0c28f61691c052f41b2157d4c986698d2605d1ba8bd7b1da5c

10 comments :

  1. I always love a good staycation! Sounds relaxing:) xx Tracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tracie it was! Thanks for dropping by, do follow me on bloglovin' if you wanna follow this weekly series! x

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! I looks so lovely there :)

    Emily x
    http://wondersofafairytale.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is! come pop by singapore soon :)

      Delete
  3. awesome pictures!
    xx, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kenzie! May I also take this chance to say that you have the most adorable name? ^^

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures!! Awesome blog ( :

    https://withlovefromnicole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you nicole, so is yours! do follow me on bloglovin' if you'd like to keep up with my posts :)

      Delete