Saturday, 18 July 2015

The BEST Makeup Tips for Girls With Glasses (+ Meet Rhiannon Manzi)

Hello darlings! Today I'm super excited to introduce Rhiannon Manzi, the owner of Peace and Blessings and the guest author of this post. Rhiannon and I collaborated in a guest post swap, and a few days ago I shared the link of the post (3 DIY Honey Masks To Try) I wrote for her blog.

Today it's Rhiannon's turn to share a beauty post, and I felt that this was a super relevant topic I've never wrote about on my blog before. I'm sure you girls will find this helpful. Here goes!

-

I’m one of those people who has weird eyesight. I have to wear glasses 24/7, and contacts weren’t a great fit for me. This means having my glasses on all the time - at the bar, during Netflix binges, even during Sorority recruitment events. I got my Warby Parker glasses last year and absolutely love them! They’re stylish, chic, and are a neutral brown so I can wear them with pretty much anything.

As a beauty blogger, I work with makeup a lot - and getting the right makeup look, that also fits with my glasses, can be tricky. For me, there are three main areas that I like to emphasize when wearing glasses - brows, eyes, and lips. Not that the other areas aren’t important, but with a strong pair glasses, you need to have some balance with strong lips below, and strong brows above.

IMG_5767.JPG

Brows: I work my butt off on my brows daily. They truly are my pride and joy. Full, defined brows are definitely in right now. If you have a pair of glasses that show off your brows this is the perfect opportunity to bring attention to them. I start out by plucking the stray hairs and combing out my brows with a spooley brush. I’ve tried plenty of products and all of them work well in their own ways. I personally like a gel based product for brows, so I use Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Promenade. This allows me to get the dark look that I want, and keep hairs in place. Recently I’ve started using NYX Cosmetics gel liner for my brows, because it better matches my brow color. I was born with very dark brown hair, so my brows are almost black. Using these products helps get the defined look I want to show off.

Eyes: Creating the right look for glasses can be tricky, because you don’t want to make them too dramatic - this will just look overdone and messy with glasses on your face. Going for the classic look is the best option for glasses. I like to do the usual wing, but with some 60’s inspiration in mind. Then, I coat my lashes with some Better than Sex mascara and Avon’s *** Mascara. This combo adds length and volume. The thick wing + lashes draw attention to the eye without making it seem overdone. Avoid mascara on the lower lashes, this will create darkness underneath the eye that will be magnified by glasses. If you need to coat the lower lashes, focus on the ones in the outer corner of your eye.

Lips: To balance the dramatic brow look, you want to enhance the lips. This is where I pull out my inner Kylie Jenner. Usually I go with a dark nude lip (I’m currently obsessed with Wet ‘N’ Wild’s lip liner in the shade Wine), but on a more formal night I’ll pair my 60’s eyes with a classic red lip. Having a vibrant color draws attention to the lip, but doesn’t overpower your eye look.

IMG_5761.JPG

 Other tips and tricks:

  • Try avoiding dark eyeshadows, this will clash with the glasses, depending on how they sit on your face and what color they are. 
  • Don’t skip contouring and highlighting all together - get the perfect look by applying a stronger highlight. 
  • To make your lips appear fuller (and to prevent lipstick from smudging) apply a super tiny amount of liquid concealer in the lower corners of your mouth. 


Rhiannon is a 22 year old lifestyle blogger who is passionate about fashion, empowering women, and jalapeno chips. She is a Delta Zeta Alumni, student teaches in an 8th grade classroom, and watches way too much Greys Anatomy. For more Rhiannon visit her blog Peace & Blessings, or follow her on Instagram and Twitter!

13 comments :

  1. Thanks for these great tips. I don't usually wear glasses but am pretty sure those girls and women who do, will find this advice very useful. When I do wear glasses, they're goggle-like sunglasses (I am visually impaired and have severe light sensitivity at times), so no makeup will help this look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're beautiful nonetheless darling! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Amazing post dear!

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ira! I'm sure rhiannon would be glad to hear that.

      Delete
  3. As a software developer, I look at the computer ALL THE TIME. So, for me, glasses are a must! Thanks for the tips! They're great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to know this post was helpful for you! I'm glad you liked the tips :)

      Delete
  4. Great tips! I dont wear glasses frequently, but when I do I always feel so lost makeup wise - I'll def be putting these to use.

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, I'm short sighted too but my degree is too low for me to wear contacts. I usually go without makeup with my glasses, but after these tips I know what to do now

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the tips! Ive never really thought about doing my makeup differently when I wear my glasses! Some good ideas. I usually just beattttt face no matter what. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah same here amanda! do let me know if you do have any new tips though, maybe you've been doing them all along subconsciously!

      Delete
  6. Great tip when i wear my eyeglasses i wear a wing eyeliner and lipgloss with my brows done ♥


    Nique || www.2nbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing tips!! loved tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carerra Eyeglasses are designed for active people and are often chosen by athletes and extreme sports enthusiasts. All of Carrera's sunglasses are developed with a ground-breaking and practical design without forgetting about today's fashion trends.Carrera Eyeglasses

    ReplyDelete