Sunday, 2 August 2015

Kiko Makeup Haul


Ok so this post has been 7 months in the works... I got all this stuff from Kiko in Rome while I was there last year, and I wanted to give you guys quick reviews for each of these items because one day this brand may just come to Singapore. If you're one of my UK readers or are travelling to Europe soon, I believe there are Kiko stores in London so maybe this will give you an idea of what to get while you're there.

First of all, Kiko is an Italian make up brand. The reason why I love it so much is because they sell a complete range of well-packaged makeup and skincare products of decent quality at really great prices. I'm talking less than $20 for everything. I came back with a number of hits and misses and today I'll be sharing them with you!

HITS 


Eyebrow Marker in 03

This marker is bae. Everytime I get complimented on my brows, I'm wearing this stuff. I had to get used to the watery texture of the ink at first because I've always used pencils, but somehow I feel I can get cleaner and sharper lines with this felt tip marker. The marker does get a little dry sometimes, but can be easily remedied when I store it bottom up the next time.

You know shit is legit when the words rub off

Soft Focus Foundation in 06

This is a mineral powder foundation that comes with an inbuilt puff attached to the lid that I don't use. I prefer using it with my 3rushes brush (the brand is amazing btw). I really enjoy the texture of this product, it's finely milled and provides sheer to medium coverage. I do have a sample of Bare Minerals and I've compared both foundations. Bare Minerals is a lot stickier and can be layered for fuller coverage, but needs to be set with a translucent powder which I find quite a bother. I actually prefer the silkier/matte texture of Kiko's Soft Focus foundation so I use it way more often.


Assorted Nail Polish

The quality of these polishes is very impressive. They're opaque, creamy and easy to apply. The brushes are broad and smooth, prefect for noobs like myself. Grab a few if you have the chance, they're also very cheap (a few bucks per bottle if I don't remember wrongly).



Universal Fit Hydrating Foundation

I rarely use foundation, so I decided to grab this one because it was cheap and came in a really wide range of shades so I was able to find one that suited by yellow azn skin. It's not immensely hydrating, but it certainly has a dewey finish and wouldn't suit people with oilier skin. It's very light and blendable, and can be built up into full coverage although that's not really my thing.

MISSES


Invisible Powder

I was so disappointed with this product, it's so coarse it feels like flour but smells like plastic. IT WASN'T EVEN THAT CHEAP. In fact it's so coarse that it irritates my nose and I sneeze when I dust it on my face. I bought it as a backup for my ELF HD translucent powder, but nope. Just nope. I'm not even sure what to do with it because I am a compulsive makeup hoarder who can't bring myself to throw shit away.


So I guess that's the end of my Kiko haul review! Some of the items look a little scruffy by now since I've been using them for so many months. I didn't really talk much about the packaging of these items because they were all good, I promise. No messy, cheap containers here - everything did what it was supposed to do and I'm thankful for that. Also, I'm sorry I didn't include the prices, I got these items so long ago that I couldn't find them. Nonetheless I hope this was helpful, happy shopping!

5 comments :

  1. Nice, looks like I'm going to have to take a look at that eyebrow marker. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like some gorgeous products! The foundation looks really interesting.

    Alicia | Between the Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. That powder is meant to be popular, feels so silky but ony Asian skin had the white cast

    ReplyDelete
  4. That powder is meant to be popular, feels so silky but ony Asian skin had the white cast

    ReplyDelete