Sunday 28 February 2016

Sunday Squares: A Tale of 3 Cities


Hi friends! This is a backdated post from about a month back, which means I didn't actually visit 3 cities this week. I haven't gotten down to blogging about all the places in the UK I've been to this last month because there's been an average of two places every week. As you can imagine, I'm exhausted but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Top Left:

I spent the Chinese New Year Weekend with Harpreet and Lynette (friends from NTU MJ) in London where we basically did all the touristy things, ate yum indian and went for dance class at Pineapple. After being in Coventry for the last two months I became so flustered while taking the tube because suddenly everything went back to being fast. And London isn't even as fast as SG tbh, I have no idea how I'm going to adapt when I'm back in July. Anyway, it was nice to be back in the city again after 2 years. I know I'm romanticising London but I always find it the best combination of grit and grandeur. Still not a fan of the weather though.

Top Right:

Right after I returned from London I took a day trip to Sheffield to meet my dearest Belle for food (that's basically almost the only thing we did - eat and talk). I really needed that, hanging out with someone who knows your entire history can be so comforting and restoring for the soul. Thanks for a wonderful day out Belle, you know I love you!

Bottom Left and Right:

On Friday of that same week (I was being ambitious), I booked myself a trip to Chester, a little town adjacent to Liverpool and South of Manchester. The city still had its walls from the roman days and was just so lovely and quaint. I highly recommend it for a day out if you're in the midlands or the north, the city is so small and accessible that you could cover all the sights by foot in an afternoon. I'll probably do a full post or photo journal on Chester soon.

That's it for Sunday Squares this week. I'll try to be more frequent with my updates but it's hard because I don't bring my mac on short trips. Many of you have questions for me about my UK exchange, I might be doing an FAQ soon so please leave your questions for me (if you wish) through ask.fm and I'll compile my answers in a post.

Time to pack for Dublin, I'm flying in 12 hours. See you soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment