Sunday 9 June 2019

On Bringing Back The Joy Of Blogging (And Stalking)

I was feeling bored the other day and I thought about how much I missed trawling through blogs. Now it's all about SEO, "content","aesthetics", blablabla. Not that there's anything wrong with that, since people need to make coin.

But I do miss the simple pleasures of taking a peek into somebody's not-so-curated life, and sharing mine with a little online community. I can't make my favourite bloggers quit Instagram and go back to their blogs, but I can try to create what I would enjoy.

Anyway, I'm no longer working for any publications, so I finally have the liberty of writing literally anything that tickles my fancy! Yay to not being sued!

It's funny how after literally a decade of writing here and there and trying to discover my personal "brand", here I am back here deciding I don't want any of that at all. I want to write things that will make you feel like we're friends IRL, even if we aren't. I want to talk honestly, even if it's to talk honestly about my pretentiousness (I am a Leo; some pretentiousness is to be expected).

The other day, I asked my friends on Instagram what they'd want to read if I started blogging again. Those that replied said make up and beauty, but I don't know if I'll be able to deliver because shooting photos of stuff, editing and uploading takes a lot of effort you guys!

What I can promise, if you decide to come back that is, is to talk about the general malaise we feel as young adults and everything that comes with it. Of course, there will be some salaciousness thrown in. Because we all know that's what you're here for anyway ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment