Sunday 16 June 2019

Excuse Me, Your Leo Is Showing

As a person with ADHD, I am very absent-minded except when it comes to events with emotional significance. Somehow, a lot of my primary school days fall under this category.

The other day I was telling Charice about how I struggled in p2 because I was a transfer student. It was hard to make friends since all the other girls had settled in. Additionally, I was convinced my form teacher didn't like me very much.

"How do you know?" Charice replied.

I explained that I felt that way because my compositions were never selected to be pinned up on the class noticeboard. I even remember going home and telling my mother that I didn't know what I had done wrong, because I didn't feel my writing was any worse than those that had made it up on the wall of fame. It was not called the wall of fame, but that's what it felt like in my 8-year-old mind.

My mother very gently told me that I should ask my teacher how I could improve if I wasn't happy with this outcome. I clearly didn't, which is why I don't think I ever made it up on that wall.

After I told this story to Charice, she burst out laughing.

"JIA PLS!"

"What!"

And that's when I realised how ridiculous I was being. Imagine! A 26-year-old being salty about not being selected for the class noticeboard back in p2. Wow.

If that's not my inner Leo acting out, I don't know what it is.

In the past year, I've spent some time delving into astrology. I can't really explain what attracted to me to explore astrology beyond my sun sign, but I guess it's the combination of wanting to learn more about myself, as well as now having the freedom to do it on my terms.

You see, growing up Christian, we were taught any form of spirituality outside Christianity was sin. Horoscopes were so taboo to me growing up that I knew literally nothing about what they were. When someone asked me if I was a Cancer, I went, "Huh no, why you think I got cancer?"

So in this phase of my life, I've become a lot more curious about new age spirituality, crystals, yoga and the like. If I were to start a church it might end up looking like Urban Outfitters lol.

More importantly, I realised I identify very much with my Sun (Leo), moon and rising (Sag) signs. When looking into my friends' signs, I've noticed that I get along more easily with air and fire signs. I dated a Scorpio and it was a flaming hot mess. Literally, it was hot but also a mess.

So it was just pretty funny to look back on baby Jia Han that day and realise the Leo aspect of my personality was there all along. FYI, Leos are notorious for being sluts for validation because despite our bold exteriors we have such fragile egos. #keepingitreal

If any of you reading this are wondering what the hell I am going on about, don't knock it until you've tried it! Key in your birth details into an app like Co-Star or on Cafe Astrology and prepare to be enlightened.

Oh, and if y'all have any stuff you did as a child that are relevant to your signs, tell me in the comments below! I'd love to read them and have a laugh.

No comments :

Post a Comment