Monday 22 July 2019

I Sent Feet Pics to a Stranger on Facebook

When you're young and naive, you do some pretty dumb things. For some, that's getting bangs. For me, it was sending photos of my feet to a random guy on Facebook.


It happened in my second year of uni. Strapped for cash, I scoured the internet for a flexible part-time job that allowed me to save up for exchange while I interned on weekdays. One of the gigs I considered was being a Red Bull girl, but as my boyfriend will tell you, my driving is the stuff of nightmares.

So I went for the next closest thing - attempting to be a brand ambassador. For those unfamiliar to the term, brand ambassadors are good-looking people that brands employ to sell their products. I didn't know how to get started or whether I was even attractive enough, so I joined amateur talent and modelling Facebook groups to look for opportunities and freelance gigs.

One day, a man (henceforth referred to as Footbro) messaged me through Facebook to ask if I would be interested in modelling for an up-and-coming blogshop selling footwear. He probably found me through a Facebook group. The rate he was offering was $180 for a 30 mins shoot, so of course I said I was interested.

Things started out normal at first. He gave me some information about the project, what they were doing and why they needed me to model.


Still pretty normal right? That's what I thought. After I indicated my interest, Footbro told me I first had to send him some photos of my feet, barefoot and in footwear. 

Because this was 2015, virginal and clueless Hanbaobao had no fucking idea foot fetishes were even a thing. SO MY STUPID ASS SENT THEM. 

my feet pics bring all the boys to the yard
After I sent him pictures of my feet barefoot and in the sandals I happened to be wearing at the time, this guy had the AUDACITY to ask me for one more! I've done some research since and realised that sole pics are a thing within the foot-loving community. 


Here you can see him bugging me for the sole photo after a lapse in my responses. In case you were wondering, the time difference between those 2 messages asking me for sole pics was a mere 30 minutes. That's how desperately he wanted them. I was blue-balling him without even realising!

As you would have noticed from my screenshots, I did my best to verify Footbro's credentials, and to find out more about this mysterious blogshop. Each time he gave me a fairly plausible answer. I wanted my $180, so I continued the conversation. 


After this, we took a break with the feet pics (I sent 3 in total) and he asked me about my shoe preferences, apparently as a form of research for his business. Again, his first few questions were quite unassuming. He asked about what type of shoes I wore most often and why I like them. Then things took a a really weird turn...




BRO ASKED ME LIKE 10 QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SMELL OF MY FEET! Hello Geox do you have an employee gone rogue??? And once again, because I am an absolute idiot, I answered so earnestly! 

At a certain point I got really frustrated because dude, girl just wants to make some quick cash for that Ryanair ticket, ok? But when I thought things couldn't get any worse, Footbro, emboldened by his previous successes, came forward with his final request. 

he sent me this for reference. wonder who's this other poor girl lol

Upon reading these few messages as a woke 26-year-old, I now realised the guy wanted me to send him the foot equivalent of a striptease! The horror!!

Anyway, by this point I put my foot down (hahahaha get the pun?). I told him very firmly that I didn't see why a model should be shooting photos for free, much less doing it herself. 

He kept telling me that this was the last thing I had to do, that after this, a proper shoot would be arranged and it would be $180 into my pocket with no fuss at all. 



I think this is where he got desperate and slipped, because his ruse became a lot less believable with everything he said. A business owner would not be trying to convince his model/collaborators that this was going to be as "non-committal" as possible. You'd want loyal employees, a paper trail for payment, and at the BAREST MINIMUM, their full name and phone number. 

I tried to end the conversation as diplomatically as I could. I told him that I would not shoot any photos for free, but if their business expanded and they had more budget to pay me for those "test shots", he could come talk to me again. 

He thanked me for my time, and then this is when I became absolutely, without a doubt, 100% convinced that the whole blogshop story was fake:





FOOTBRO BACKTRACKED AND TALKED ABOUT SMELLY FEET AGAIN!! Thrice! If you were that uncomfortable asking me about the smell of my feet, why bring it up again? 

Now, the point of this story is not to shame foot fetishists. Not at all. In fact, I am quite impressed by Footbro's tenacity and his attention to detail. Most people would not come up with a whole business proposal just for some wanking material. 

I am also not in any way bothered by people who love feet. It's just another body part human beings have found themselves attracted to, and I would be so flattered if any of my partners found my feet a turn-on! I mean, how much must a person love you to find even the most unattractive/overlooked part of your body sexy?

The point of this story, my friends, is that I GAVE AWAY A PRIZED COMMODITY FOR FREE. 
Girl could've been making coin selling her feet pics on the internet, but instead she was giving them out for nothing! A lost business opportunity if you ask me! If only I'd been a little smarter, maybe I could've afforded Tomorrowland. Sigh. 

But all is not lost; a little older, a little wiser, amirite? So fellas, if you've got a up-and-coming shoe blogshop and you're in need of a model, HMU. $180 for 30 pics. Can? 

No comments :

Post a Comment