Sunday 17 May 2020

Best of Chloe Cake?

Now, now. I know it's more than a tad pretentious to write a 'best of' post when I'm no famous blogger, but I was looking back on my archived posts when I remembered how much I enjoyed writing some of them. Many have become outdated by now - feelings have settled, some friends have moved on - yet I still have fond memories thinking about those times.

I've republished some of my favourites, not necessarily because they were the most popular but because they mean something to me, both then and now. Here we go!


Sunday Squares

Back in 2015 I started a series called Sunday Squares, where I rounded up my week in 4 frames:

A Tale of 3 Cities
About that time I had the energy to visit 3 cities in UK within a week

England and Other Things
All about my first week in UK and exploring Stratford-upon-Avon, which has since become one of my favourite places on earth

Santorini
Visiting Santorini was a dream come true but a nightmare for my legs

Stuffed Peppers at Mambo no. 5
Making cheesy stuffed peppers with my flatmates in Whitefields back in the day, and a glimpse of my life as an exchange student in Warwick. Even comes with a recipe!



Warwick

The story of how I got into Warwick again... and again.

I Got into Warwick... Again
The story of My First Time.

Changing of the Seasons
The story of How I Met Your Father(ish).


Weak Bitch's Handbook

Yet another short-lived series about learning how to travel and navigate life while at it. My therapist has told me to speak to myself more kindly so if I ever revive this series I will have to think of a new name, oops.

Don't Miss Your Bus in Lyme Regis
The charms of fossil finding coupled with the horror of missing the last bus at 6pm.

Packing for Short Trips
Aka how to backpack when you have chronic shoulder and back pain, and that time I grossly overestimated Birmingham and thought I need 2 days to see the city.

Travelling the UK
All about how to get around UK without a car. The guide I wish I had!

The Strong Bitch's Guide to Surviving Sexual Harassment 
In 2016, I was sexually harassed by a stranger at a bus stop outside a supermarket. I still cannot adequately describe how powerless I felt in that moment, but this was how I tried to process it back then.

Special Mentions



Mini Bundt Earl Grey Cakes 

Joy's Poached Pear and Almond Tart

Nowadays Joy bakes from her own bakery and I have the privilege of helping out as a cashier on some weekends. A reminder of humble beginnings :')

--

And that's it from the archives. Happy reading!

1 comment :

  1. This is such a fun idea to look back on posts! And those mini bundt cakes sound amazing.
    Hayden // http://www.hautetableblog.com/2020/05/latest-tiktoks.html

    ReplyDelete